- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- US States▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: PDF Download|
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2000
Rocks firmly anchored to the ground and rocks floating through space fascinate us. Jewelry, houses, and roads are just some of the ways we use what has been made from geologic processes to advance civilization. Whether scrambling over a rocky beach, or gazing at spectacular meteor showers, we can't get enough of geology!
The Geology Bookwill teach you:
- What really carved the Grand Canyon.
- How thick the Earth's crust is.
- The varied features of the Earth's surface - from plains to peaks.
- How sedimentary deposition occurs through water, wind, and ice.
- Effects of erosion.
- Ways in which sediments become sedimentary rock.
- Fossilization and the age of the dinosaurs.
- The powerful effects of volcanic activity.
- Continental drift theory.
- Radioisotope and carbon dating.
- Geologic processes of the past.
Our planet is a most suitable home. Its practical benefits are also enhanced by the sheer beauty of rolling hills, solitary plains, churning seas and rivers, and majestic mountains - all set in place by processes that are relevant to today's entire population of this spinning rock we call home.
Dr. John Morris is president of the Institute for Creation Research. He received his Doctorate in Geological Engineering at the University of Oklahoma. He held the position of Professor of Geology before being appointed President in 1996. He currently travels and speaks on the topic of creation science.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Science
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Science >> Science Subjects >> Earth Science
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.