- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
A one-of-a-kind book, it explains how coal and oil are formed, how the Grand Canyon was created, how to interpret the geologic column from a creationist perspective, and how to identify various fossils. It refutes the horse and whale evolutionary models, explains the four Cs of biblical creation, and compares this model with evolution's model of time, chance, struggle, and death.
Filled with scores of full-color photos and illustrations, you'll learn everything about fossils from a creationist perspective while also understanding the shortcomings of the evolutionary model of fossils. Author Dr. Gary Parker has not only a thorough education of paleontology, but also many years of experience in the field. Here are the scientific answers to the puzzling questions about fossils that even non-scientists can understand. Learn how to build your own fossil collection, including how to extract fossils, identify them, as well as how to store and display them. You'll also fund a full-color pull-out poster and a glossary and index for ease of reference. Recommended for ages 6 and up.
|Format: PDF Download|
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2005
Fossils have fascinated humans for centuries. From the smallest diatoms to the largest dinosaurs, finding a fossil is an exciting and rewarding experience. But where did they come from, and how long have they been around? These and many other questions are answered in this remarkable book.
The Fossil Book will teach you about:
- The origin of fossils
- How to start your own fossil Collection
- What kinds of fossils can be commonly found
- The age of fossils
- How scientists find and preserve fossils
- How to identify kinds of fossils
- How the flood affected fossil formation
- The Geologic Column Diagram
- The difference between evolutionists and creationists views on fossils
- The "four Cs" biblical creation
- The different kinds of rocks fossils are found in coal and oil formation
Learning about fossils, their origins, and how to collect them can be both fun and educational. The abundance of both marine and land fossils and the locations they are found in is a fascinating subject for students of all ages and has been studied by scientists and laypersons alike for many years. Learn what all the excitement is about!
After starting his 30-year college teaching career as a non-Christian evolutionist, Dr. Gary Parker became a zealous creationist, eventually serving as professor of biology at the Institute for Creation Research in San Diego, lecturing worldwide for both ICR and Answers in Genesis, writing five science textbooks and seven creation books (translated into over 10 languages), and appearing in numerous films, videos and television programs. Dr. Parker and his wife, Mary, also run family camps, workshops, and credit courses through the Creation Adventures Museum near their home in Arcadia, Florida.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Educational >> Picture Books
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Educational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Educational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Picture Books
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool
- Children >> Children's Books >> Educational >> Picture Books
- Children >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Educational
- Download >> Homeschool
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Educational
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
Here at Christianbook.com, we offer thousands of quality curriculums, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call 1-800-788-1221.