Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Did you know almost every culture has a worldwide flood legend? Hundreds of accounts of a wicked world, destroyed by a global flood, have been dismissed as myth - -including the historical account of Noah's ark revealed in the Bible. Yet, in every corner of the world, you find these legends of a vastly destructive, worldwide event. They include similar details, such as mankind being almost wiped out, some animals being chosen for survival, a craft or other vessel provided for safety, and water covering everything.
- What are some of these legends, and what intriguing clues do they contain?
- In what ways do they reveal insights about their possible common origin?
- What can we learn of pre-Flood history from ancient and archaeological records?
Many point to details familiar to those who have read the Biblical account of Noah and the ark. Why are there so many similarities in these legends among so many different cultures? From the astonishing historical flood account of a remote people group in China to the flood legend of Transylvanian gypsies to many other examples from almost every continent, discover a fascinating trail of accounts.
Special interactive features of this newest book in the Legends series include:
- Three mini-books: Ancient Maps of Noah's Ark , More Legends from North America, Noah's Ark: A Real Event
- A spinning wheel chart displaying commonalities among the flood legends to the account found in the Book of Genesis
- A four-foot wide center gatefold featuring a cutaway of Noah's ark with answers to popular questions about the ark itself, the animals, and supplies
- Flaps that reveal specific legends of different people groups, analysis of Ancient Near East legends, and archaeological evidence of a detailed Sumerian "pre-flood kings" list
- Charts featuring the names of Noah in various ancient cultures - and those of his wife
- Pull-slides that reveal geology on Earth echoed the global flood features of Mars; another that highlights connections with the birds noted in the account of Noah's ark with a Native American legend; and one with verses revealing how Jesus is our "ark" of salvation
- A pop-up illustrating a flood legend where survival was linked to a turtle's shell
- Unique and colorful illustrations
Number of Pages: 24
Vendor: Master Books
|Dimensions: 10.38 X 12.00 (inches)|
The Answers Book for Kids, Volume 2: 25 Questions from Kids on Dinosaurs and the Flood of NoahKen Ham, Cindy MalottMaster Books / 2008 / Hardcover$6.29 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$7.99Save 21% ($1.70)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.