- All Products
- Books & Classic Literature× (8,336)
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- US States▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: HarperPerennial Classics
Publication Date: 2013
Years after being rescued from the deserted island, Robinson Crusoe’s life is much different from the one he knew during his solitary years as a cast away—he has a loving wife, small children, and a successful career as a plantation owner. But, with echoes of his old adventures sounding in his head, Crusoe feels drawn back to his island, and when his nephew offers to take him on board his trading vessel, Crusoe cannot refuse the opportunity to return to the seas. Unknown to him, even greater adventures lie ahead on this fateful voyage, as Crusoe voyages to exotic locales in Africa, Southeast Asia, China, and Siberia.
The Farther Adventures of Robinson Crusoe is the second novel written by Daniel Defoe featuring the now well-known character. The book followed the great success of The Life and Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, which has become one of the most widely-published books in history. This second installment is written in much the same fashion as the first—in didactic or epistolary narrative style from Crusoe’s first-person perspective.
HarperPerennial Classics brings great works of literature to life in digital format, upholding the highest standards in ebook production and celebrating reading in all its forms. Look for more titles in the HarperPerennial Classics collection to build your digital library.
English author Daniel Defoe was at times a trader, political activist, criminal, spy and writer, and is considered to be one of England’s first journalists. A prolific writer, Defoe is known to have used at least 198 pen names over the course of a career in which he produced more than five hundred written works. Defoe is best-known for his novels detailing the adventures of the castaway Robinson Crusoe, which helped establish and popularize the novel in eighteenth century England. In addition to Robinson Crusoe, Defoe penned other famous works including Captain Singleton, A Journal of the Plague Year, Captain Jack, Moll Flanders and Roxana. Defoe died in 1731.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Action/Adventure
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Literature
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Action/Adventure
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool
- Download >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Action/Adventure
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download