Add To Cart
Add To Cart
The Essence of the New Testament, Second Edition surveys the books of the New Testament from Matthew to Revelation. Drawing on decades of scholarly research and classroom teaching, the authors provide a practical, readable, and insightful introduction to the second major division of the Christian biblical canon.
This new edition contains new information about the emergence of an early Christian canon, the significance of Second Temple Judaism for New Testament study, an overview of tools for New Testament research, an introduction to Jesus studies, and a synopsis of the relationship of the Old Testament to the New Testament.
Other beneficial features for students and instructors include:
- More than 150 full-color photographs, maps, illustrations, and charts
- Introductions to each New Testament book, including background, outline, message, and theological significance
- Introductory chapters on how we got the New Testament, principles of interpretation, the intertestamental period, and the Synoptic problem
- Sidebars focusing on significant topics and Greek word studies for English readers
- Study questions and recommended further reading
Editors Elmer L. Towns and Ben Gutierrez draw from their years of teaching experience to provide a time-tested New Testament overview written at the college level, yet also appropriate for pastors, scholars, and laypeople. They combine the finest evangelical scholarship with a passion to open windows of spiritual and practical insight into the biblical text.
|Title: The Essence of the New Testament: A Survey|
Number of Pages: 432
Vendor: B&H Academic
Publication Date: 2016
|Dimensions: 9 X 6 X 1 (inches)|
Weight: 1 pound 15 ounces
Stock No: WW644900
The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament, 2nd EditionAndreas J. Kostenberger, L. Scott Kellum, Charles QuarlesB&H Academic / 2016 / Hardcover$38.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$59.99Save 35% ($21.00)Availability: In StockStock No: WW684005
Encountering the New Testament: A Historical and Theological Survey, Third EditionWalter A. Elwell, Robert W. YarbroughBaker Academic / 2013 / Hardcover$33.49 Retail:
$52.99Save 37% ($19.50)