- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2003
Is Islam a religion of peace or of violence?
Islam is a religion we can no longer afford to ignore. It is one of the fastest-growing religions in the world. Newspapers and television news regularly bring stories from the Middle East, but more importantly, the Muslim world has come to us. Between 5 and 7 million Muslims currently live in America, and that number is growing.
Recognizing the importance of understanding Islam, R. C. Sproul and Abdul Saleeb had a series of conversations about how Islam differs from the Christian faith, and those conversations became the basis for this book. As a convert from Islam, Saleeb has spent many years studying Islam and Christianity. With Dr. Sproul he focuses on four basic areas in which Islam rejects the very foundations on which Christianity is built:
- the nature and authority of the Bible
- the nature of God
- the character of humankind
- the deity and sacrificial death of Christ
Sproul and Saleeb will help you understand Islam better and give you an intellectual basis for answering the Muslim faith-perhaps when interacting with Muslims in your own neighborhood or city. In addition to discussing the differences between Islam and Christianity, Saleeb gives his own perspective on the "dark side" of Islam in light of violence perpetrated by Muslim extremists in recent years.
R. C. Sproul (19392017) was founder of Ligonier Ministries, an international Christian discipleship organization located near Orlando, Florida. He was also founding pastor of Saint Andrews Chapel in Sanford, Florida, first president of Reformation Bible College, and executive editor of Tabletalk magazine. His radio program, Renewing Your Mind, is still broadcast daily on hundreds of radio stations around the world and can also be heard online. Sproul contributed dozens of articles to national evangelical publications, spoke at conferences, churches, colleges, and seminaries around the world, and wrote more than one hundred books, including The Holiness of God, Chosen by God, and Everyones a Theologian. He also served as general editor of the Reformation Study Bible.
ABDUL SALEEB (pseudonym) was born and raised in a Muslim country in the Middle East. While a student in Europe, Saleeb wrestled for months with the claims of Christ and eventually converted to Christianity. He is the coauthor of Answering Islam and is a Christian missionary to Muslims in the United States.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions >> Islam
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions >> Islam
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions