- All Products
- Black Friday
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
- Media Type▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
St. Augustine's Confessions is one of the classics in this series, featured here with fine art cover design; edited by Rosalie DeRosset. 304 pages; with notes.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2007
Series: Moody Classics
"Augustine never thought of God without thinking of his sin, nor of his sin without thinking of Christ."
St. Augustine grates hard against "the anatomy of evil" while dealing succinctly and honestly with his own proneness toward sin. From his infatuation with its initial beauty to the discounting of his previously wasted life, Augustine leaves little to the imagination regarding his need to be saved from himself.
Most of Augustine's Confessions are spent in a nearly catastrophe tug of war. From insult and injury to passion, lost love, and the arts--this work leads through and beyond a world where God's timing is absolutely perfect. Nothing has really changed since then. Sin is still sin--and God is still God.
Of all the factors influencing our spiritual growth and development, pivotal books play a key role. Learning from those who have walked the path and fought the fight brings wisdom and strengthens resolve. And hearing the familiar chords of kingdom living sung by voices from other times can penetrate cultural barriers that limit our allegiance to the King. To this end, Moody Publishers is honored to introduce the first six volumes in what is to be an ongoing series of spiritual classics. Selected for their enduring influence and timeless perspective, these new editions promise to shape the lives of spiritual pilgrims for generations to come.
DR. ROSALIE DE ROSSET is a professor of Literature, English and Homiletics at Moody Bible Institute where she has been for forty-two years. She earned her M.A. in English from Northeastern Illinois University, M.Div. from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, and Ph.D. in Language, Literacy, and Rhetoric from The University of Illinois at Chicago. In addition to teaching, she regularly appears on Moody Broadcasting Network programs as a guest and co-host, and speaks at conferences and seminars. She lives on the northside of Chicago.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Christian Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Saints & Blessed >> Augustine
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Saints & Blessed >> Augustine
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology >> Christian Classics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Catholic