This product is not available for expedited shipping.
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
This book offers something for everybody interested in pottery! Beginning potters will find a complete course in the pages of this book. Experienced potters will find new ideas for designing and decorating virtually every type of ware. Heavily illustrated with more than 600 how-to photos, The Complete Potter
takes readers through every phase of the potter's craft, from clay to kiln. Separate sections explain:
- Clays: their different types and uses
- Types of ware: terracotta, stoneware, porcelain, raku, and others
- Design: how to draw and plan a piece before making it
- The basic processes: clay preparation, tools, throwing and turning on a potter's wheel, using molds, tile-making, and more
- Decoration: creating surface textures, using slips, glazes, pigments, and more
- Materials and pigments for decorating: what they're made of and how to use them
- Kilns and firings: kiln types, temperature controls, and more
- Tools and equipment: from hand tools to semi-industrial equipment
- Health and safety: a complete guide
This handsome and instructive volume also shows examples of work by some of the world's leading ceramicists, with information on how they achieve their fine results. Here is a book that lives up to its title: it is truly The Complete Potter.