Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 1232
Vendor: Race Point Publishing
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 9.75 X 7.00 (inches)|
Series: Knickerbocker Classics
The Bronte Sisters: Three Novels - Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, and Agnes GreyCharlotte Bronte, Emily Bronte, Anne BrontePenguin Classics / 2009 / Trade Paperback$21.60 Retail:
$24.00Save 10% ($2.40)
Jane Austen revolutionized the literary romance, using it as a platform from which to address issues of gender politics and class consciousness among the British middle-class of the late eighteenth century. The novels included in the collection - Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion, and Lady Susan - represent all of Austen's complete novels, and provide the reader with an entrance into the world she and her memorable characters inhabited.
With witty, unflinching morality, Austen portrays English middle-class life as the eighteenth century came to a close and the nineteenth century began. Austen's heroines find happiness in many forms, each of the novels is a story of love and marriage -- marriage for love, financial security and for social status.
In a publishing career that spanned less than ten years her work brought her little personal fame and only a few positive reviews during her lifetime. It wasn't until the 1940s that she became widely accepted in academia as a great English writer. The second half of the 20th century saw a proliferation of Austen scholarship and the emergence of a fan culture. Austen's works continue to influence the course of the novel even as they charm readers today.
Complete and unabridged this beautiful volume is magnificent. Elegantly designed, this cloth bound hardcover edition is slip cased and features a ribbon marker and period styling. A must have for any "Janeite". Also included is an original introduction that provides the reader with enlightening information on Jane Austen's life and works.
Kat J5 Stars Out Of 5Jane Austen hardboundJanuary 14, 2015Kat JQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4Nice Chinese printed hardbound book in a slip box. It was given as a gift and it was well received.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Classics >> Literature
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Sets
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Sets
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Children's Classics
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Classics
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Sets
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Literature
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Sets