Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
The Complete Jewish Study Bible pairs the newly updated text of the best-selling Complete Jewish Bible with detailed notes and comprehensive study material to help both Jewish and Christian readers understand and connect with the essence of their faith—God’s redemptive plan for his people. Readers will be enriched through this Jewish reading of Scripture and the revelation of the long-awaited Messiah, Yeshua, throughout both the Tanakh (Old Testament) and the B’rit Hadashah (New Testament).
- Over 100 articles—categorized into twelve themes—run throughout the Bible covering topics such as Jewish Customs, Messianic Prophecy, the Names of God, Shabbat, the Torah, and more
- Over thirty additional topical articles—ranging from such subjects as the menorah and repentance, to Yeshua’s “Sermon on the Mount” and the Noachide Laws (the laws given by God to Noah and subsequent generations) and their applicability to Gentiles—offer fresh insight and spiritual application
- New Bible book introductions, written from a Jewish perspective
- Follows the Jewish order of the Takakh’s books (Old Testament), the order with which Yeshua was familiar
- Includes extensive bottom-of-the-page notes throughout to help readers understand the historical background and cultural context of the text
- Provides Scripture readings for Sabbaths, Festivals, Feasts, and Fasts
- Offers the original Hebrew names for all people, places, and concepts, as well as a pronunciation guide
- Articles written by over thirty contributors (both Jewish and Christian), including Drs. John and Patrice Fischer, Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, Rabbi Barney Kasdan, and many more
- Featuring quotes and excerpts from well-known Rabbis and scholars, both ancient and modern, such as Dr. Walter Kaiser, Dr. Daniel Boyarin, Dr. Amy-Jill Levine, Rabbi Jonathan Sacks, Rabbi Gamaliel, Rabbi Hillel, Rabbi Shammai, Rabbi Akiva, Maimonides, Dr. Michael Brown, Dr. Michael Rydelnik, and many more
- In addition to these topical articles and detailed study notes, there are twelve tracks or themes running throughout the Bible with 117 articles, covering topics such as Jewish Customs, the Names of God, Shabbat, and the Torah
- Eight pages of full-color maps
- Presentation page
- Two ribbon markers
- 10-point text size
- 9.75" x 7.00" x 1.75
Number of Pages: 1968
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Publication Date: 2016
Dimensions: 9.25 X 6.50 X 1.75 (inches)
Text Color: Black Letter
|Text Size: 10 Point|
Note Size: 7 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: Yes
Page Gilding: None
Page Edges: White
The Complete Jewish Study Bible, Genuine Calfskin leather blackHendrickson Publishers / 2016 / Genuine Leather$81.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 96 Reviews Video
$139.95Save 41% ($57.96)
The Complete Jewish Study Bible, Flexisoft Leather, Dark BlueHendrickson Publishers / 2016 / Imitation Leather$46.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 96 Reviews Video
$79.95Save 41% ($32.96)
doreen5 Stars Out Of 5The Complete Jewish Study BibleMarch 19, 2018doreenQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5easy to use and understand and comparable to my KJV and the NKJV versions
viswizardJohns Creek, GAAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Jewish Thought, Customs and Traditions in this BibleMarch 18, 2018viswizardJohns Creek, GAAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Yeshua (Jesus) was Jewish, born under the lineage of David. He was brought up in the Jewish culture. It is believed he spoke Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. He fully understood the Torah (Moasaic Law) and he fulfilled the Law as prophesied by the prophets. The Complete Jewish Study Bible is a compilation of these things along with many Jewish words spelled out in the English pronunciation. This Bible fills in the gaps of Jewish understanding concerning the Messiah (Christ), the Anointed One.
Albeit, it is not in the traditional versions of today, such as KJV, NASB, NIV, and etc., the contributors of this version created a unique English written Bible through Jewish and Christian writers. And, it allows for a serious student of the Bible to become very familiar to Jewish traditions, such as the famous Born Again among the Jews. Jesus used this phrase because it was used among the Jews as six different levels of being born again in ones growth and maturity among the Jewish men. This Bible explains the conversation Jesus had with Nicodemus, and the thought process of this rabbi (teacher). I found the article very interesting, the content of which clarified the reason Yeshua referred to the phrase of being born again.
The Complete Jewish Study Bible comes in three different publications, a Hard Cover (under this review), the Blue Flexisoft, and a Black Calfskin Leather. The Hard Cover is one of the best constructed I have encountered of various Bibles in my collection. It seems to have something similar to a Smyth sewn binding as opposed to a glued-in pages. The Bible has two ribbons, something one does not often see with other hardcover Bibles. There is no outer index and no gilding. The Blue Flexisoft and Black Calfskin Leather have gold gilding. Hendrickson published this Bible as all black lettering and no red-letter (sayings of Yeshua). There are pros and cons to this approach, although I prefer the red-letter in my Bibles. The font size is a good estimated 9.5 or 10. And the bottom notes are about a 6.5 or 7 font of a different style.
This Bible does not have any reference columns, but the bottom notes and articles are sufficient in the subject material on a particular page. There is no concordance. But this Bible is unique in that there is a Glossary of Hebrew words with the English pronunciation and a Glossary of English words with Hebrew pronunciation. I found both Glossaries quite helpful and a nice touch for those who may want to learn Hebrew from the English language perspective.
The layout in this Bible is mostly in paragraph style. The poetic portions are set in the same style as most Bibles, single line separation from verse to verse, such as found in Psalm and Proverbs. The paragraph style is good for general reading but is difficult to find a verse within the paragraph even though the number of the verse is present with a smaller font. The Old Testament is laid out in the same manner as the Tanakh with the books separated in divisions, and is not in the same order as the Christian Bible. The word Tanakh is an acronym made from the first letters of the three main divisions of the Hebrew Bible: the Torah or the Law (Pentateuch), the Prophets, and the final part is called the Writings. The New Testament book order remains the same as all other Christian Bibles.
What I envisioned after reading and studying The Complete Jewish Study Bible is that this can be used for witnessing to one of the Jewish faith, those who dont believe that Yeshua is the Messiah. Employing the Hebrew words concerning the Messiah, especially the prophecies and His announcement in Luke 4:18-19, whereby He read from Isaiah 61:1-2. Again, The Complete Jewish Study Bible is very good for serious Bible students, those interested in learning some Hebrew, Jewish traditions, their fasts and feasts, culture, and other traditions and special days.
As we all well know Paul wrote in Galatians that we do not have to become Jewish and follow all their ways, such as the laws and more than 600 mandates of the Law and all the traditions of Jewish customs in order to become a follower of Jesus Christ. May the God of Peace abide in you all (see Hebrews 13:20). (shalom aleichem).
Snipper5 Stars Out Of 5The Complete Jewish study bibleMarch 16, 2018SnipperQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This is a very important for all serious student of the bible to have a jewish translation give a more complete prospective for today's student. I highly recommend this bible
Angel5 Stars Out Of 5CJSB more than meets its titleMarch 12, 2018AngelQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 2CJSB challenges me to learn Hebrew words. I now take notes, it helps me.
Nanny2 Stars Out Of 5Any with larger print?February 20, 2018NannyQuality: 3Value: 2Meets Expectations: 2I can not buy this as the writing is to small :(