- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2010
Norma Cook Everist contends that it is meaningful to say that in ministries of administration, outreach, and pastoral care, the church is functioning as a learning community. Whenever and wherever Christians are being formed into the image of Jesus Christ through ministry, there Christian education is taking place. Christian education is the name we give to that process of formation.
Building on this central insight, Everist has written a major new introduction to the tasks and practices of Christian education. Part 1 of the book focuses broadly on what it means to be the church in the world. Part 2 shows how being a learning community requires ongoing growth in faith throughout the span of life. Part 3 shifts focus to the church as it moves into the community and world.
Norma Cook Everist is Professor of Church and Ministry at Wartburg Theological Seminary, Dubuque, Iowa. She also has served as guide and mentor to many pastors struggling with conflict. She is author of The Church As Learning Community and editor of Ordinary Ministry, Extraordinary Challenge, published by Abingdon Press.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Supplies
- Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School >> Teacher Training
- Church Supplies >> Sunday School Supplies >> Sunday School Curriculum >> Teacher Training
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School
- Sunday School >> Teacher Training
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School >> Teacher Training