Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 584
Publication Date: 2016
|Dimensions: 9.61 X 6.69 (inches)|
Regarded as the leading text in Christian theology for the last 25 years, Alister E. McGraths The Christian Theology Reader is now available in a new 5th edition featuring completely revised and updated content.
- Brings together more than 350 readings from over 200 sources that chart 2,000 years of Christian history
- Situates each reading within the appropriate historical and theological context with its own introduction, commentary, and study questions
- Includes new readings on world Christianity and feminist, liberation, and postcolonial theologies, as well as more selections by female theologians and theologians from the developing world
- Contains additional pedagogical features, such as new discussion questions and case studies, and a robust website with new videos by the author to aid student learning
- Designed to function as a stand-alone volume, or as a companion to Christian Theology: An Introduction, 6th edition, for a complete overview of the subject
Alister E. McGrath is Andreas Idreos Professor of Science and Religion at Oxford University, UK. He is regarded as one of the world's leading theologians and is the author of some of the world's most widely used theological textbooks, including the bestselling Christian Theology: An Introduction (Wiley Blackwell, 2016), now in its sixth edition. He is in constant demand as a speaker at conferences throughout the world. In addition to major academic works and textbooks, he is the author of the highly acclaimed award winning biography, C. S. Lewis: A Life (2013), and The Big Question: Why Can't We Stop Talking about Science, Faith, and God (2015), nominated by Library Journal as one of the best religious books of 2015.