- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Cyber Deals
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
|Format: Bonded Leather|
Number of Pages: 1600
Vendor: Common English Bible
Publication Date: 2016
|Text Color: Black Letter|
Text Size: 8 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: Yes
Page Gilding: Gold
The CEB Student Bible is a Bible by and for young people that invites them into deeper forms of both personal holiness and social holiness, helps them make connections between the world of the Bible and their own world, offers resources for engaging the text in personal and group study, and embodies a commitment to taking young people seriously as Christian leaders now, not just in the future. It is a resource that helps young disciples of Jesus Christ as they transform the world.
Available in two editions: a durable paperback cover, designed by Hatch Show Print, and a high-quality, leather-like cover with burnished text. The CEB Student Bible is perfect for confirmations and other gift-giving seasons.
• Introductions to each book of the Bible by leading biblical scholars. Each introduction gives an overview of the book, key themes, tips for reading, and quick facts.
• More than 350 articles by biblical scholars and a diverse group of youth ministers from traditions including United Methodist, PC(USA), Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, and ELCA churches. These articles model what it is like to really engage the Bible. They explore difficult
topics and the things that are important to young people today.
• Discussions for each book of the Bible by youth ministers. These are group and small group discussion questions, activities, and Reading Differently exercises.
• Prayers and reflections by young people who have participated in Emory Universitys award-winning Youth Theological Initiative.
• Guide to the stories of the Bible.
• Twelve pages of maps with 4-page map index.
"If youre searching for a Bible that will draw youth not only to read Gods Word but also form a deeper spiritual connection, The CEB Student Bible is your answer as it mirrors how young people talk, read, and write with their friends. Because youth are a part of its composition, the effectiveness and impact is enhanced." Youth Worker magazine
Homeschooling6TXAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Great Study BibleOctober 16, 2015Homeschooling6TXAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5(I was give a copy in exchange for my honest review, I was not required to write a positive review)
My 12 yr. old son has been using this Bible to complete his AWANA sections and likes it (his words, "I like this Bible mom")
The Bible has 16 maps!!! I love maps. Each book starts with introduction and gives the child the key themes which I find very helpful. Throughout the books are textboxes, prayers, and questions that really have my son think. For instance some of the questions in the book of Joshua ask about the importance of the land and should it be of any importance to us now.
What is unique about The CEB Student Bible is some of the prayers and textboxes are written by students, young people like Ethan.
When my son says he likes something that means he really does :) This would be a great Bible for me to give as gifts to my nephews & nieces.