- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: PDF Download|
Vendor: Christianity Today
|Publication Date: 2009|
Series: Current Issues Bible Studies
The church must release the stigma and teach young couples how to tie the knot.
Marrying young has become a downright countercultural move. It defies our cultural definition of marriage as a capstone that completes the life of the autonomous self but, when supported by a loving church, has the potential to put biblical ideas about the formative institution into practice.
Table of Contents
SCRIPTURE: 1 Corinthians 7:1-8, Genesis 2:19-25, Romans 12:9-21
Identify the Current Issue
Discover the Eternal Principles
--Teaching point one: Purpose: Our physical desires were created for a reason.
--Teaching point two: Expectations: Marriage is a formative institution rooted in the covenant between God, man, and woman.
--Teaching point three: Practice: The church should rally to teach and support marriage.
Apply Your Findings
ARTICLE FROM CHRISTIANITY TODAY
The Case for Early Marriage, by Mark Regnerus (2007)
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
MKPastorMcKenzie Bridge, ORAge: 25-34Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5I've been saying it for yearsMarch 17, 2011MKPastorMcKenzie Bridge, ORAge: 25-34Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5I totally agree with this article and share it with anyone I can especially during premarital counseling. As a young Christian who waited until marriage and dated in a safe and healthy way there was nothing more challenging to my faith then Christians during the time of our wedding filling us with doubts and worldly expectations. American Christians love the waiting aspect and abstinence but unfortunately when it comes to the future of their children and essentially making money way too much hypocrisy arises. Our children cannot serve two masters, but what this article says to remedy the situation takes work and it is not a problem that we can pay away as Christians.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Relationships >> Marriage
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Relationships >> Marriage
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources