Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Buy in Bulk
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Media Type▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
In nearby Capernaum, a rabbi is teaching a different lesson. Time and again Daniel is drawn to the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, only to turn away, disappointed and confused by Jesus' lack of action in opposing the Romans. Devoid of tenderness and forgiveness, headstrong Daniel is also heedless of the loyalty of his friend Joel; the love of Joel's sister, Malthace; and the needs of his own disturbed sister, Leah, dragging them down his destructive path toward disaster.
Elisabeth George Speare won the 1962 Newbery Medal for this magnificent novel of Daniel's tormented journey from a blind, confining hatred to his acceptance and understanding of love. Booklist called it "a dramatic, deeply felt narrative whose characters and message will be long remembered." Recommended for ages 9 and up. The 1962 Newbery Medal winner.
Vendor: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Publication Date: 1997
Dimensions: 8 X 5.5 (inches)
csamAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5August 8, 2012csamAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5My daughter loves this book.
I love that it fits in so well with her curriculum.
She is studying Rome in history and also the life and death of Christ in Bible study.
Althea Stoltzfoos5 Stars Out Of 5January 27, 2009Althea StoltzfoosThis is a great book! I think a movie should be made out of it.
Jennifer5 Stars Out Of 5December 12, 2008JenniferThis book was outstanding! It was one of the few that I would read over and over, a lot because I love the way Daniel relates to Jesus and the way it makes me think about the love of Christ.
Ashley Rose5 Stars Out Of 5April 27, 2008Ashley RoseThis book was so addicting that you couldn't put it down, just like the other two books by Elizabeth George Speare "Calico Captive" and "Witch of Blackbird Pond". This book is definately Christian. You get really attatched to the characters.
Kris BadjeNEAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5March 25, 2008Kris BadjeNEAge: 45-54Gender: femaleWe really liked this book! I read it aloud to my 6th and 7th grade sons, they never wanted me to stop reading.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Historical
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Newbery Award Winner
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Children's Classics
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Classics
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Historical
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Newbery Award Winner
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Classic Fiction