- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2013
The Brighter Side of a Darker Thing
is a testimony of one woman's journey of healing from sexual abuse. Kathy Leigh Berkowitz takes a final step toward her healing in the public telling of her life and her recovery from her past, ending with a bold resolve to continue sharing her story, in hopes that others likewise may find healing. Fallout from abuse often leaves behind broken pieces of a shattered self-esteem and many questions about the why. The author explores her own feelings and shares her innermost thoughts, while encouraging the reader with Scriptures to allow the Holy Spirit to do His perfect work, the strengthening of the inner soul.
Kathy Leigh also faced numerous other challenges, including the death of her baby sister, her mother's mental illness, her father's post-traumatic stress disorder, time spent in a Texas orphanage, poverty, and suicidal thoughts. The Brighter Side of a Darker Thing includes triumphant moments, her awards for various high school beauty pageants, the births of her four children, and the eventual path that led her to a full-time career in journalism. The Brighter Side of a Darker Thing is proof that a person's past doesn't define who they are, and that no matter the pain, there is hope and healing in Jesus. It is the author's belief that healing from sexual abuse is a lifelong journey, but along the way, there will be much cause to celebrate, especially when one walks through the portal of forgiveness.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Balanced Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Personal Life >> Balanced Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues