A fully revised edition of the Dr. Sears guide to breastfeeding, a perennial parents' favorite for nearly two decades.
In recent years there has been a resurgence of interest in breastfeeding. Yet first-time mothers often lack the support and the knowledge they need. Many of the available books fail to address the practical challenges that confront many women (especially women who work outside the home) when they choose to breastfeed. For these women, The Breastfeeding Book
is a godsend -- with comprehensive, reassuring, authoritative information on:
- how to get started, including tips for latching on
- increasing your milk supply
- breastfeeding in absentia
- pumps and the new technology associated with breastfeeding
- making sure your nursing baby gets the nutrition it needs
- nighttime breastfeeding
- breastfeeding and fertility
- toddler nursing and natural weening
- and much more
Taking a realistic, contemporary approach, the Searses bring an age-old practice completely up to date. Their encyclopedic guide to the art and science of breastfeeding enables all women to experience and enjoy one of nature's most rewarding relationships.