Add To Cart
Dr. Larry R. Helyer is Professor of Biblical Studies at Taylor University in Upland, Indiana. He received his doctorate in New Testament from Fuller Theological Seminary. His background includes pastoring, teaching a wide variety of biblical courses, and writing books and numerous articles.
Richard Wagner is author of The Expeditionary Man, They Myth of Happiness, The Gospel Unplugged, C.S. Lewis & Narnia for Dummies, Christianity for Dummies, and Christian Pray for Dummies. He is a graduate of Taylor University.
|Title: The Book of Revelation for Dummies|
By: Richard Wagner
Number of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2006
|Dimensions: 9.25 X 7.38 (inches)|
Weight: 1 pound 2 ounces
Series: For Dummies
Stock No: WW045213
Exploring Jewish Literature of the Second Temple Period: A Guide for New Testament StudentsLarry R. HelyerInterVarsity Press / 2002 / Trade Paperback$42.19 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$45.00Save 6% ($2.81)
You will learn how this mysterious book of the Bible fits into a historical context. You’ll discover all kinds of interesting facts about the apostle John and learn about the details of his world. You will be able to choose a perspective for interpreting this book of the Bible and decipher the many haunting symbols. There is no need to read this reference guide from cover to cover; simply browse the table of contents or flip through the pages to find the answers and assistance that you need. Discover how to:
- Interpret the prophecy of the Revelation
- Place it in historical context
- Understand how it relates to other books in the Bible
- Unravel the details of the apostle John’s life and world
- Choose a perspective for understanding
- See the grander scheme of things
Complete with lists of the ten most commonly asked questions about end times and the ten rules of thumb for interpreting scripture, The Book of Revelation For Dummies will help you understand and decode one of the most perplexing books in the Bible!
Larry is author of two books, Yesterday, Today, and Forever: The Continuing Relevance of the Old Testament and Exploring Jewish Literature of the Second Temple Period: A Guide for New Testament Students. Larry has authored numerous journal and dictionary articles on biblical and theological subjects and has just finished a book on New Testament theology. He was the initial translator of 2 Samuel for the Holman Christian Standard Bible.
Richard Wagner: Rich is author of The Expeditionary Man, The Myth of Happiness, The Gospel Unplugged, and several For Dummies books, including C. S. Lewis & Narnia For Dummies, Christianity For Dummies, and Christian Prayer For Dummies. He has been a guest on Christian radio programs across the country discussing Christian discipleship issues as well as C.S. Lewis.
Richard has served in church leadership and teaching roles for more than a dozen years. Rich graduated with a bachelor of arts degree from Taylor University and pursued graduate studies at The American University in Washington, DC. Rich lives in New England with his wife and three sons. You can find him online at richwagnerwords.com.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Book of Revelation
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions >> Genre Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions >> NT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Genre Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> NT Introductions