Add To Cart
- All Products
- Mega Fall Sale
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Dr. Larry R. Helyer is Professor of Biblical Studies at Taylor University in Upland, Indiana. He received his doctorate in New Testament from Fuller Theological Seminary. His background includes pastoring, teaching a wide variety of biblical courses, and writing books and numerous articles.
Richard Wagner is author of The Expeditionary Man, They Myth of Happiness, The Gospel Unplugged, C.S. Lewis & Narnia for Dummies, Christianity for Dummies, and Christian Pray for Dummies. He is a graduate of Taylor University.
Number of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2006
|Dimensions: 9.25 X 7.38 (inches)|
Series: For Dummies
You will learn how this mysterious book of the Bible fits into ahistorical context. You’ll discover all kinds of interestingfacts about the apostle John and learn about the details of hisworld. You will be able to choose a perspective for interpretingthis book of the Bible and decipher the many haunting symbols.There is no need to read this reference guide from cover to cover;simply browse the table of contents or flip through the pages tofind the answers and assistance that you need. Discover how to:
- Interpret the prophecy of the Revelation
- Place it in historical context
- Understand how it relates to other books in the Bible
- Unravel the details of the apostle John’s life andworld
- Choose a perspective for understanding
- See the grander scheme of things
Complete with lists of the ten most commonly asked questionsabout end times and the ten rules of thumb for interpretingscripture, The Book of Revelation For Dummies willhelp you understand and decode one of the most perplexing books inthe Bible!
Larry is author of two books, Yesterday, Today, and Forever: TheContinuing Relevance of the Old Testament and ExploringJewish Literature of the Second Temple Period: A Guide for NewTestament Students. Larry has authored numerous journal anddictionary articles on biblical and theological subjects and hasjust finished a book on New Testament theology. He was the initialtranslator of 2 Samuel for the Holman Christian StandardBible.
Richard Wagner: Rich is author of The ExpeditionaryMan, The Myth of Happiness, The Gospel Unplugged, and severalFor Dummies books, including C. S. Lewis & Narnia ForDummies, Christianity For Dummies, and Christian Prayer ForDummies. He has been a guest on Christian radio programs acrossthe country discussing Christian discipleship issues as well asC.S. Lewis.
Richard has served in church leadership and teaching roles for morethan a dozen years. Rich graduated with a bachelor of arts degreefrom Taylor University and pursued graduate studies at The AmericanUniversity in Washington, DC. Rich lives in New England with hiswife and three sons. You can find him online atrichwagnerwords.com.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Book of Revelation
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions >> Genre Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions >> NT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Genre Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> NT Introductions