- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Experts such as Werner Gitt (In the Beginning Was Information), and Andrew Snelling (The Answers Book) combine their knowledge in their respective fields and present a compelling and persuasive case to skeptics. Although written by experts, this persuasive book is easily understood by the layperson. An excellent tool for Christians who want to broaden their knowledge of apologetics and learn to defend their faith more easily, this book is an essential for any Christian or church's library.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2006
The "argument" that reads
like a conversation about life!
- Is there archaeological evidence for the New Testament?
- Did the universe "hatch" from a "cosmic egg"?
- What does the fossil record imply about the existence of God?
- Is design inferred by the existence of information?
Since the Enlightenment, spirited debates about the existence of God have captured the public's imagination. Scholars, philosophers, and scientists have grappled with the "evidence" that God exists, or doesn't.
Today, some of the world's best minds - in a variety of disciplines - grapple with whether there is any real purpose to our lives. Yet not only do many scientists believe in the God who created us with purpose, they also understand that what we do in the here and now has consequences in the next life.
John Ashton has compiled a group of essayists who specialize in fields such as archaeology, astronomy, biblical scholarship, and more. The result is a fascinating exploration of an age-old question, sure to intrigue believers and skeptics alike.
Dr. John F. Ashton is Adjunct Professor of Biomedical Sciences at Victoria University, Melbourne, and Adjunct Professor of Applied Sciences at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) University, the largest Australian tertiary institution. He holds a BSc (Honors) with prize in chemistry and PhD in epistemology (a branch of philosophy dealing with the limits of knowledge), also with prize, from the University of Newcastle and an MSc in chemistry from the University of Tasmania.
Dr. Ashton is a Chartered Fellow of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute, and a former Honorary Associate in the School of Molecular and Microbial Biosciences at the University of Sydney. He also served as editor of three books related to science and faith issues, including the much-cited In Six Days: Why 50 Scientists Choose to Believe in Creation.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology