At the Back of the North Wind - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Publication Date: 2010
Scottish author George MacDonald was an inspiration for writers of children's fiction such as C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkein, Madeline L'Engle, Lewis Carroll, and even Mark Twain. At the Back of the North Wind is the fantastical story of Diamond, a young boy whose adventures begin when the North Wind offers to take him for a ride on her back. Though Diamond is poor and his reality is grim, his heart is pure and his wisdom is extraordinary. Through his friendship with the North Wind, Diamond is able to encounter exciting and, at times, challenging adventures. In addition to its ethereal quality, this book is imbued with Christian philosophy and some Dickens-like social commentary. This children's story was published in book form in 1871 and Diamond has been tugging at readers' heartstrings ever since. North Wind is a story that is best read aloud to children and will thrill audiences for generations to come. -CCEL Staff Writer
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
edmundPAAge: Over 65Gender: male2 Stars Out Of 5April 10, 2012edmundPAAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 1Value: 3Meets Expectations: 1I am very disappointed to discover that the last page of each chapter disappears in an instant and moves to the next page. It is annoying!
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Allegory
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Allegory
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Allegory
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction