Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Number of Pages: 32
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 10.00 X 8.00 X 0.25 (inches)|
Laura Malone Elliott and Lynn Munsinger have created another holiday story about the lovable characters from A String of Hearts.
Perfect for a teacher's classroom or a child's home bookshelf, Thanksgiving Day Thanks tells the story of Sam trying to figure out what he's thankful for.Sam also works on a special project to share at the Thanksgiving feast—his own version of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
Parents and teachers will find inspiration for other Thanksgiving crafts and projects in this charming and funny storybook. A section at the back includes fun Thanksgiving facts.
Full of creativity, humor, and heart, Thanksgiving Day Thanks celebrates friendship, family, and the many other blessings in our lives for which we give thanks.
Laura Malone Elliott is the author of Under a War-Torn Sky, a NCSS/CBC Notable Book in Social Studies, a Jefferson Cup Honor Book, and winner of the Borders' Original Voices Award, and its sequel, A Troubled Peace, also a NCSS/CBC Notable; Annie, Between the States, an IRA Teacher's Choice and NYPL Book for the Teen Age; Give Me Liberty; and Flying South, a Bank Street College Best Children's Book. She lives in Virginia with her family.
Lynn Munsinger has illustrated many favorite books for children, including The Teeny Tiny Ghost and Whooo's Haunting the Teeny Tiny Ghost? by Kay Winters. She divides her time between Vermont and Massachusetts.
“Elliott does a commendable job of including a great deal of information about Thanksgiving history into the story and in endnotes, including a bit of Wampanoag vocabulary and some guesses as to the menu of that first 1621 feast.”
Praise for A String of Hearts: “The delightful title sets the tone for this sweet story of friendship. A lovely Valentine story about the real meaning of friendship.”
Praise for A String of Hearts: “Munsinger and Elliott sensitively convey classroom popularity dynamics and Valentine’s Day butterflies; the moment when Sam realizes that it’s Mary Ann he really likes should touch even Valentine’s Day grouches.”
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Friendship/Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Animals
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Friendship/Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Seasonal
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Seasonal >> Picture Books
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Friendship/Relationships
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Animals
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Friendship/Relationships
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Seasonal
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Seasonal >> Picture Books