More Than a Slave: The Life of Katherine Ferguson - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Lift Every Voice
Publication Date: 2003
A historical novel to stir the heart! Katherine Ferguson's parents are slaves in the late 1700s. Her mother escapes to New York only to be sold into slavery yet again, this time with her newborn, Katy. As her mother faces being taken away, she prays a desperate prayer, giving the little Katy over to God. More Than a Slave is a story of perseverance and inspiration about Katherine Ferguson, who became a pioneer in the Sunday school movement.
MARGARET PAGAN received an A.B. in English from Morgan State University and studied writing at Johns Hopkins University. Her first published work appeared in Essence magazine, and she continued to publish many freelance articles, for the most part, dealing with African American history and genealogy. After accepting Jesus Christ as her Savior she studied at Baltimore School of the Bible, and she began to desire to write on things that glorify Christ. After writing an entry on the life of Katherine Ferguson, a pioneer in the Sunday School movement, for a biographical encyclopedia, Margaret went on to write her first work of historical fiction, More Than a Slave: The Life of Katherine Ferguson. Margaret is the wife of Carl E. Pagan, pastor of Urban Bible Fellowship Church and resides in Baltimore, Maryland.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> General Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> General Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> General Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction