Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The College Press NIV Commentary is written with several presuppositions about Scripture. First, the Bible is the Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit. "Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit" (2 Peter 1:20-21).
Second, the Bible is trustworthy and true. In the Pastorals Paul repeatedly affirms, "Here is a trustworthy saying" (1 Tim 1:15, 3:1, 4:9; 2 Tim 2:11; Titus 3:8). This is our contention for the entire Bible, as it was for Paul. He wrote, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Tim 3:16-17).
Third, the Bible is not contradictory. Even though multiple human authors contributed to the bible, from differing periods of time, using diverse genres, the biblical message is consistent. The Bible is the witness of the Father to the Son (John 5:39) through the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 2:6-15).
Our desire in these pages is to provide a resource for your study of the Old Testament that will benefit you, whether you are preparing a Bible school lesson, a sermon, a college course, or even your personal devotions.
- Historical & Cultural Background
- History of Interpretation
- Text & Authorship
- Theological Emphases
- Significance for the New Testament
- Special Issues
*This volume does not have a dust jacket as featured in the sample pages.
Number of Pages: 619
Vendor: College Press Publishing
Publication Date: 2005
|Dimensions: 9 X 6 (inches)|
Series: College Press NIV Commentary
A Survey of the Old Testament, Expanded and RedesignedAndrew E. Hill, John H. WaltonZondervan / 2009 / Hardcover$31.49 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 11 Reviews
$54.99Save 43% ($23.50)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions >> OT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> OT Single Volumes
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> OT Introductions
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference