Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: The Old Testament: Canon, History, and Literature - eBook|
By: Richard D. Nelson
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Abingdon Press
|Publication Date: 2019|
Stock No: WW97287EB
More importantly, this introduction understands the Old Testament as a resource for the human quest for meaning making it an essential tool for helping students appropriate this, often neglected, part of the Bible for their own faithful living.
It includes at-a-glance sections to highlight matters of special interest- including material about important ancient Egyptian west Asian documents; significant archaeological excavations; a demonstration of textual criticism; problematic translation issues such as Gen 1:1, Isa 7:14, or Job 19:25; special problems such as the chronology of the kings and the dating of the second fall of Jerusalem.
Richard D. Nelson is professor emeritus of Biblical Hebrew and Old Testament Interpretation at Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University. His teaching career on the college and seminary level has spanned more than thirty-five years. He is the author of nine books on biblical themes, including The Historical Books (Abingdon Press, 1998) and Historical Roots of the Old Testament (120063 BCE). He has published commentaries on Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, and 12 Kings. Professor Nelson has been a visiting scholar at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, Princeton Theological Seminary, and Tyndale House, Cambridge, England. He is an ordained pastor of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions >> OT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> OT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Biblical Studies >> OT Introductions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Reference