Tempted to Leave the Cross: Renewing the Call to Discipleship - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in the USA.
What did it mean when Jesus said "Take up your cross and follow me..."? Offering solid Biblical study in a conversational style, author and pastor Ernest Flores embraces the cross not only as a symbol of personal salvation but also as a call to kingdom service. "Tempted to Leave the Cross" challenges you to reexamine your view of Christian service. Flores identifies a trend within churches he calls "Victory Theology," which he says is another form of the "Health and Wealth" Gospel. With worksheets for small-group use, this resource is ideal for Lenten study. 128 pages, softcover from Judson Press.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Judson Press
Publication Date: 2007
A rich collection of meditations on the meaning of the cross and what it represents in the Christian church today not only the symbol of Christ s suffering and death, nor even just the invitation to salvation, but also a prophetic call to sacrificial service in the Reign of God. The author, Rev. Ernest Flores, weds solid biblical study with a conversational style and passionate summons to return to the cross, shoulder its weight, and continue the work of Christ in our homes, communities, nation, and world.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality