Tempted to Leave the Cross: Renewing the Call to Discipleship - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in the USA.
What did it mean when Jesus said "Take up your cross and follow me..."? Offering solid Biblical study in a conversational style, author and pastor Ernest Flores embraces the cross not only as a symbol of personal salvation but also as a call to kingdom service. "Tempted to Leave the Cross" challenges you to reexamine your view of Christian service. Flores identifies a trend within churches he calls "Victory Theology," which he says is another form of the "Health and Wealth" Gospel. With worksheets for small-group use, this resource is ideal for Lenten study. 128 pages, softcover from Judson Press.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Judson Press
Publication Date: 2007
A rich collection of meditations on the meaning of the cross and what it represents in the Christian church today not only the symbol of Christ s suffering and death, nor even just the invitation to salvation, but also a prophetic call to sacrificial service in the Reign of God. The author, Rev. Ernest Flores, weds solid biblical study with a conversational style and passionate summons to return to the cross, shoulder its weight, and continue the work of Christ in our homes, communities, nation, and world.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality