What Do I Do When Teenagers Struggle with Eating Disorders? - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
Adolescent development expert and counselor Steven Gerali addresses the issue of teen eating disorders in this book from the What Do I Do When... series, which is designed to equip parents and youth workers to help teens who are hurting. Paperback.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Zondervan/Youth Specialties
Publication Date: 2010
"There is no how-to manual when it comes to helping teenagers with the multitude of issues theyll face during their adolescence. Whether you work with teens or are trying to parent them, youve probably already run into a few things that you felt completely unprepared or ill equipped to deal with. You are not alone!In this hard-hitting series of books, youll find answers to the difficult questions you face when challenges arise. Knowing that ninety-five percent of all the people with diagnosed eating disorders are teenage girls, its likely that youll encounter this issue if you interact with teens. In What Do I Do When Teenagers Struggle with Eating Disorders?, Dr. Steven Gerali will help you: Understand eating disorders, along with the underlying issues that typically contribute to the disorders Recognize warning signs that may mean a teen is developing an eating disorder Realize the role and responsibility the Church has to mobilize help for teens with eating disorders Create interventions when teens or their parents deny the problem Develop a referral strategy for teens who need help addressing their eating disorderIn this practical book, youll discover how to identify and help a teen who is struggling with an eating disorder, and youll find plenty of resources for help beyond what youre able to give."
Dr. Steven Gerali is a speaker, professor, and clinical counselor recognized around the world as an expert in the field of adolescence and youth ministry. He is the author of several books about the issues of adolescence. Before becoming a professor of youth ministry, Steve served for more than 25 years as pastor of student ministries at churches in Arizona and Illinois in the United States. He is the father of two grown daughters and he currently lives in southern California with his wife, Jan.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Teenagers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Recovery >> Eating Disorders
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Challenging Topics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Serving Alongside Parents
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Youth Leader Resources
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery
- Church & Supplies >> Youth Ministry >> Challenging Topics
- Church & Supplies >> Youth Ministry >> Serving Alongside Parents
- Church & Supplies >> Youth Ministry >> Youth Leader Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery