Teenage Guys: Exploring Issues Adolescent Guys Face and Strategies to Help Them - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
In order to really meet their need, parents and youth workers need to fully understand the inner workings of adolescent guys. Inside you'll get unflinching, no-holds-barreed views of what it means to be a teenage guy in the 21st century, along with helpful suggestions on how to minister to teenage boys and their families, process the issues your own students face and more. Complete with cognitive development, social development, emotional development and more, this reference guide will open your eyes to what's going on inside guys and around them, equipping them toward becoming mature, confident, Christian men.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Zondervan/Youth Specialties
Publication Date: 2008
Youth workers need to fully understand the inner workings and development of adolescents in order to really meet their needs. In Teenage Guys, Dr. Steve Gerali presents the stages of development that adolescent guys go through, providing stories from his own experiences in ministry and counseling as well as practical research findings to equip youth workers (both male and female) to more effectively minister to teenage guys.With advice from counselors and veteran youth workers, youll find helpful suggestions on how to minister to teenage guys and their families. Each chapter includes discussion questions to help you and other youth workers process the issues your own students face and learn how you can help them and mentor them through this tumultuous time. In addition to concepts like mentoring and rites of passage, Dr. Gerali also walks readers through the seven areas of development young guys go through.Youll understand more about: Cognitive development Identity formation Social development Emotional development Physiological development Sexological maturation Faith formation
Dr. Steven Gerali is a speaker, professor, and clinical counselor recognized around the world as an expert in the field of adolescence and youth ministry. He is the author of several books about the issues of adolescence. Before becoming a professor of youth ministry, Steve served for more than 25 years as pastor of student ministries at churches in Arizona and Illinois in the United States. He is the father of two grown daughters and he currently lives in southern California with his wife, Jan.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Counseling
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Challenging Topics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Counseling
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Serving Alongside Parents
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Counseling
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry