- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 208
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 X 0.50 (inches)|
You Can Change: God's Transforming Power for Our Sinful Behavior and Negative EmotionsTim ChesterCrossway / 2010 / Trade Paperback$11.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$15.99Save 28% ($4.50)
God, I Have Issues: 50 Ways to Pray, No Matter How You FeelMark E. ThibodeauxFranciscan Media / 2005 / Trade Paperback$11.49 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$14.99Save 23% ($3.50)
Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw EmotionsLysa TerKeurstZondervan / 2012 / Trade Paperback$9.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 61 Reviews
$16.99Save 44% ($7.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW332794
This book presents a biblical and practical look at the emotions of Christians, building on the concept that most contemporary Christians have misconceptions about why we have emotions and how we should handle them.
Trusting God doesn't mean being consistently tranquil or subdued. Truth is, such a view makes life flat and two dimensional. We often forget that emotions are a gift; to fear them or stow them away would be to deny a huge part of what makes us human. This book explores the significance of the gift and the benefits of living a robust life of thought, action, and feeling. Illuminating the emotional life of Christ and his followers, Dr. Gerald Peterman asks:
- If I'm forgiven, why do I feel guilt and shame?
- What about anger? What if I'm angry with God?
- What is the place of sadness in the Christian life?
- Is love only an action?
Emotions don't just happen to us like the virus or the flu; they are inherently part of us. Readers will find that the discussion extends beyond "good" and "bad," as many emotions are neutral and it is up to them to figure out how to glorify God with them. Extended chapters on love and anger are included.
Find Related Products
- Books >> Biblical Studies
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Scripture
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Other
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Scripture
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books >> Christian Living
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books >> Personal Growth
- Last Chance Bargains >> Christian Living