Add To Cart
Add To Cart
The Institute for Excellence in Writing's Teaching Writing: Structure and Style course is the foundation for the IEW method. This powerful seminar will help you learn to effectively teach writing, from the basics of paragraphs through advanced essays.
Teachers of students in grades K-12 will learn how to help students to write well, think clearly, and express themselves eloquently and persuasively. Instruction focuses on outlines and summarizing, generating cohesive paragraphs, creating stories, producing reports & critiques, developing essays, translating thoughts and ideas into writing, varying sentence structure, using interesting vocabulary, and more.
This IEW TWSS premium kit includes a seminar and practicum workbook, twelve DVDs, and a one-year premium subscription. The course is comprised of nine units:
- Unit 1: Note Making and Outlines
- Unit 2: Writing from Notes
- Unit 3: Retelling Narrative Stories
- Unit 4: Summarizing a Reference
- Unit 5: Writing from Pictures
- Unit 6: Summarizing Multiple Reference
- Unit 7: Inventive Writing
- Unit 8: Format Essay Models
- Unit 9: Formal Critique
- Plus sections on writing about literature, stylistic techniques (such as "Dress-Ups," "-ly adverbs," "decorations," "sentence openers," "banned verbs and alternatives,") and more.
The TWSS Seminar and Practicum Workbook serves as the syllabus for the seminar and contains charts, word lists, sample lesson plans, and more. Blackline masters may be reproduced for use within the same family. Units are easy-to-understand and include a summary, bullet-pointed goals, recommended materials, step-by-step teaching procedure, notes on adjusting for grade level, unit checklists, student samples for primary, elementary, middle school and high school grades, and practicum worksheets.
The twelve DVDs includes nine DVDs that cover the nine units and other workbook sections and three DVDs that show demonstration lessons for all grade levels (broken up between Grades K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12).
The Premium Subscription includes one year of access from the date of activation to:
- Streaming video of the entire Teaching Writing: Structure and Style teacher training course, providing instruction on the nine structural models and multiple stylistic techniques (14 hours total viewing time-may be watched all at once, or viewed one disc at a time throughout the school year)
- Free access to the online IEW Checklist Generator
- Streaming video of sample Student Workshops at four different grade levels to help you with that first lesson
- Audio MP3 downloads of Andrew Pudewa's most popular conference talks
- Several digital PDF downloads
- Content updated annually in July
This 2nd Edition has been updated, and now features an improved layout with clear practicum instructions for teachers, updated student work samples, revised video content with subtitles and a streaming option, and the Premium Subscription for the TWSS course.
This Teaching Writing, Structure & Style 2nd Edition (2015) kit includes:
- One-Year Premium Subscription
- 12 DVDs in Leather Case
- TWSS Seminar & Practicum Workbook, loose-leaf pages in three-ring binder
Vendor: Institute For Excellence In Writing
Publication Date: 2015
Teaching Writing: Structure & Style Workbook Only (2nd Edition)Andrew PudewaInstitute For Excellence In Writing / 2015 / Other$35.005 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
Teaching Writing/Student Writing Value Package, Level C (2nd Edition)Andrew Pudewa, Jill PikeInstitute For Excellence In Writing / 2015 / Other$249.00
Teaching Writing & Student Writing Intensive, Level C--Deluxe Combo Pack (2nd Edition with Fix-It Books 1 & 2)Institute For Excellence In Writing / 2015 / Other$299.00
Teaching Writing & Student Writing Intensive, Level B--Deluxe Combo Pack (2nd Edition with Fix-It Books 1 & 2)Institute For Excellence In Writing / 2015 / Other$299.00