Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The Institute for Excellence in Writing's Teaching Writing: Structure and Style course is the foundation for the IEW method.
Teachers of students in grades K-12 will learn how to help students to write well, think clearly, and express themselves eloquently and persuasively. Instruction focuses on outlines and summarizing, generating cohesive paragraphs, creating stories, producing reports & critiques, developing essays, translating thoughts and ideas into writing, varying sentence structure, using interesting vocabulary, and more.
The TWSS Seminar and Practicum Workbook serves as the syllabus for the seminar and contains charts, word lists, sample lesson plans, and more. Blackline masters may be reproduced for use within the same family. Units are easy-to-understand and include a summary, bullet-pointed goals, recommended materials, step-by-step teaching procedure, notes on adjusting for grade level, unit checklists, student samples for primary, elementary, middle school and high school grades, and practicum worksheets.
The Premium Content subscription allows you access to the following for one year from the date of activation (to activate, follow the instructions on the Premium Subscription Card included with shipment):
- Streaming video of the entire Teaching Writing: Structure and Style teacher training course, providing instruction on the nine structural models and multiple stylistic techniques (14 hours total viewing time-may be watched all at once, or viewed one at a time throughout the school year)
- Streaming video of sample Student Workshops at four different grade levels to help you with the first lesson
- Free access to monthly training webinars (August through May)
- Audio MP3 downloads of Andrew Pudewa's most popular conference talks
- Several PDF downloads
This kit includes:
- The TWSS Seminar & Practicum Workbook, loose-leaf pages in three-ring binder. 2nd Edition.
- TWISS Premium Content Subscription (one year of access)
Number of Pages: 228
|Vendor: Institute For Excellence In Writing|
Teaching Writing: Structure & Style Workbook Only (2nd Edition)Andrew PudewaInstitute For Excellence In Writing / 2015 / Other$35.00
Teaching Writing/Student Writing Value Package, Level C (2nd Edition)Andrew Pudewa, Jill PikeInstitute For Excellence In Writing / 2015 / Other$249.00
Teaching Writing & Student Writing Intensive, Level C--Deluxe Combo Pack (2nd Edition with Fix-It Books 1 & 2)Institute For Excellence In Writing / 2015 / Other$299.00
Teaching Writing & Student Writing Intensive, Level B--Deluxe Combo Pack (2nd Edition with Fix-It Books 1 & 2)Institute For Excellence In Writing / 2015 / Other$299.00