or checkout with
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Teaching English as a Foreign Language For Dummies - eBook|
By: Michelle Maxom
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: For Dummies
Publication Date: 2010
Series: For Dummies
Stock No: WW22406EB
- Put an EFL course programme together from scratch
- Let your students loose in skills classes from reading to listening
- Deliver grammar lessons in a logical and intuitive way
- Cope with different age groups and capabilities
Your one-stop guide to a career that will take you places
If you thought that teaching a language that's second nature to you would be easy, think again! Explaining grammar, or teaching correct pronunciation while simultaneously developing your own skills as a teacher can be a huge challenge. Whether you're on a training course or have already started teaching, this book will help launch your career and give you the confidence and expertise you need to be a brilliant teacher.
- Make an educated decision decide between the various courses, qualifications and job locations available to you
- Start from scratch plan well-structured lessons and develop successful and effective teaching techniques
- Focus on skills from reading and writing, to listening and speaking, get your students sounding and feeling fluent
- Get your head around grammar teach students to put sentences together, recognise tenses and use adjectives and adverbs
- All shapes and sizes tailor your lessons to younger learners, one-to-ones, exam classes and Business English learners
Open the book and find:
- TEFL, TESOL, EFL what all the acronyms mean
- The best course books and materials to supplement your teaching
- Advice on running your class and handling difficulties
- Lesson plans that you can use in the classroom
- Activities and exercises to keep your students on their toes
- Constructive ways to correct and assess your students' performance
- Ways to inject some fun into your classes
- Insider information on the best jobs around the world
'An invaluable manual for anyone thinking of embarking on a TEFL journey. Michelle Maxom's step-by-step guide provides practical tips to get you started and offers key advice to help unleash the creative English language teacher within.'
Claire Woollam, Director of Studies & a Teacher Trainer at Language Link London
Michelle Maxom has been teaching English throughout the UK and Italy since 1997 and has the Trinity Certificate and Licentiate Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. Formerly Director of Studies at Avalon School of English, she now trains would-be TEFL teachers and runs one-to-one and executive English courses.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> World Languages
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> World Languages >> Languages >> ESL
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.