- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harper Perennial
Publication Date: 2014
We know that the Common Core State Standards are encouraging you to reevaluate the books that you assign to your students. To help you decide which books are right for your classroom, each free ebook in this series contains a Common Core–aligned teaching guide and a sample chapter.
This free teaching guide for Brave New World by Aldous Huxley is designed to help you put the new Common Core State Standards into practice.
"Aldous Huxley is the greatest 20th century writer in English."—Chicago Tribune
Aldous Huxley's tour de force, Brave New World is a darkly satiric vision of a "utopian" future—where humans are genetically bred and pharmaceutically anesthetized to passively serve a ruling order. A powerful work of speculative fiction that has enthralled and terrified students for generations, it remains remarkably relevant to this day as both a warning to be heeded as we head into tomorrow and as thought-provoking, satisfying entertainment.
Aldous Huxley (1894–1963) is the author of the classic novels Brave New World, Island, Eyeless in Gaza, and The Genius and the Goddess, as well as such critically acclaimed nonfiction works as The Perennial Philosophy and The Doors of Perception. Born in Surrey, England, and educated at Oxford, he died in Los Angeles, California.
Amy Jurskis, the author of these teaching materials, holds a B.A. in English from the University of Georgia and a MAT from Agnes Scott College. A former department chair for language arts in a title one public school in Atlanta, she currently serves as a chairperson of curriculum and English teacher at Oxbridge Academy of the Palm Beaches.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Download >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Teaching Resources
- Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Fiction >> Literature
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature
- Homeschool >> Teaching Resources
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
- eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- eBooks >> Homeschool >> Teaching Resources