Add To Cart
What They Taught Us: How Maryknoll Missioners Were Evangelized by the Poor
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
This product is not available for expedited shipping.
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
Number of Pages: 144
Vendor: Orbis Books
|Dimensions: 8.25 X 5.38 (inches)|
A Maryknoll Book of Inspiration: Spiritual Readings for Every Day of the YearMichael Leach(Eds.) & Doris Goodnough(Eds.)Orbis Books / 2010 / Trade Paperback$22.50 Retail:
$25.00Save 10% ($2.50)
For years Maryknoll missioners have gone out "armed with seminary notes and skills and oozing righteousness, prepared to give but not to receive, to teach but not to learn." and most found out, often to their great chagrin, that "mission was a two-way street." Mission means carrying the good news of the Gospel to the four corners of the world but it also means taking on wisdom and knowledge from the people--about building a waterproof hut, about indigenous plants that heal, about patience, and about living life fully in God's created world.
Arranged thematically, the stories tell of spiritual health in the face of physical illness, of true happiness lived in poverty, and of life and death and hope and love.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missiology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Missiology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Catholic Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Missions
- Church & Supplies >> Catholic
- Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Missions