- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Zondervan/Youth Specialties
Publication Date: 2012
Series: Theological Journey Through Youth Ministry
Think about sin and the crossthe way that salvation changes who we are and how God sees us. Its a central part of our faith, and yet its one of the most confusing and difficult things to teach. Especially to a room full of teenagers.
In Taking the Cross to Youth Ministry, Andrew Root invites you along on a journey with Nadiaa fictional youth worker who is wrestling with how to present the cross to her own students in a meaningful way. Using Nadias narrative, along with his own insights, Root helps you reimagine how the cross, sin, and salvation can be taught to students in a way that leads them to embrace a lifestyle that chases after Jesus, rather than creating teenagers who just try to be good.
Andrew Root (PhD, Princeton Theological Seminary) is the Olson Baalson associate professor of youth and family ministry at Luther Seminary (St. Paul, Minnesota). He is the author of several books, including Relationships Unfiltered and coauthor of The Theological Turn in Youth Ministry with Kenda Creasy Dean. Andy has worked in congregations, parachurch ministries, and social service programs. He lives in St. Paul with his wife, Kara, two children, Owen and Maisy, and their two dogs, Kirby and Kimmel. When not reading, writing, or teaching, Andy spends far too much time watching TV and movies.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Youth Leader Resources >> Other
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Youth Leader Resources >> Other