- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
"Both what you run from -- and what you yearn for -- are within you." --Anthony de Mello, S.J.
In the tradition of his bestselling Song of the Bird, de Mello has written these story meditations as stepping stones toward a spiritual life based on self-knowledge and understanding.
This book contains over 250 stories, grouped under the themes of Prayer, Awareness, Religion, Grace, "Saints," Self, Love, and Truth. Although derived from a variety of countries and cultures, these tales share the spiritual heritage and popular humor of the entire human race. As he does so skillfully in his other books, de Mello uses the medium of the story to enable his readers to work through their problems and arrive at essential Truth. With each seemingly simple anecdote comes a lesson powerful enough to break down barriers that limit self-understanding -- which in turn fosters a better understanding of others, in all situations in life. "Even if you read the stories in this book only for the entertainment," he warns, "there is no guarantee that an occasional story will not slip through your defenses and explode when you least expect it to."
Taking Flight offers a joyful, transcendental experience. De Mello pilots a spiritual journey with the skill of a true master.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Religion >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Religion
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Religion