- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2014
For Patty and her husband, Jim, a diagnosis of infant diabetes type 1 invaded their lives like an unwelcome visitor.
In 1995, local doctors werent familiar with this apparently uncommon diagnosis; consequently, local hospitals stated they were not set up to handle infant diabetes type 1, giving Patty and Jim two options: Little Rock, Arkansas, or Tulsa, Oklahoma. The decision was made for them as they watched their infant fighting the diabetic coma that was quickly overtaking him. Tulsa was closer, and the race to save their infants life ensued.
Diabetes was in Pattys family history, and in one unexpected diagnosis, it reemerged into her present-day life. Thrown into this new role of caregiver to her newly diagnosed son, her husband, and eventually her dad, she shares lessons of endurance, patience and grace under fire.
By no means relinquishing her own sweet dreams of a cure for the diabetics in her life, Patty discusses how scientists can discover star births and sing happy birthday to a rover on Mars, but eliminating the stick from the countless sugar checks a diabetic will experience in a lifetime seems impossible! Concluding that diabetes is just too lucrative a business, in Sweet DreamsPatty reveals why they fear the cure has been sold out to the almighty dollar.
Sweet Dreams (A Mommas Story of Infant Diabetes Type 1 and Beyond) is personal, thought provoking, and inspirational. It confirms that as we allow God His place in our lives, we will indeed overcome!
Find Related Products▼▲
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Illness
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Family >> Parenting >> Special Needs/Gifted
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Special Needs/Gifted
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns