- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
- Media Type▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: David C. Cook
Publication Date: 2013
By the time he graduated college, Xan Hood appeared to have everything a young, privileged modern male needed for success and adulthood.
But like so many others his age, he was afraid to take that next step. So he took a slight detour and headed west, surrounding himself wtih a class of men he had been raised to avoid. Follow Xan as he learns lessons that can only be taught by God's grace, hard work, and the presence of older men.
Sweat, Blood, and Tears is a searingly honest coming-of-age story. It is a look at how God raises a man--a story for young men and those who love them.
Xan Hood is an author and the co-director of Training Ground, an experiential discipleship program for young men. He grew up in affluent Brentwood, Tennessee, but after college, like thousands of men before him, he decided to head west. Xan now lives in Colorado Springs, Colorado with his wife, Jayne, and daughter Kruzie.
Visit the Training Ground Web site at www.trainingground.com
Read Xan Hood's blog at www.xanhood.com
WannieAsiaAge: Over 65Gender: female3 Stars Out Of 5Encouragement for guysSeptember 19, 2013WannieAsiaAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 3Value: 3Meets Expectations: 3It has been a while since i read the book. Consequently, I can't go into detail. Being female, I didn't find much that I could apply for myself, but I think it would be great for the fair sex (considering that females are the 'fairer' sex). I do not fish or paint houses, but I was glad to see an educated man willing to get out there and do some real work. I cannot identify with the riches that he grew up with, so I do not always sympathize with him. Still, I ejnoyed his story telling ability.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Direction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Direction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality