- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
It would only take one unthinkable event to disrupt our way of life. If there is a terrorist attack, a global pandemic, or sharp currency devaluation--you may be forced to fend for yourself in ways you've never imagined. Where would you get water? How would you communicate with relatives who live in other states? What would you use for fuel?
Survivalist expert James Wesley, Rawles, author of Patriots and editor of SurvivalBlog.com, shares the essential tools and skills you will need for you family to survive, including:
- Water: Filtration, transport, storage, and treatment options.
- Food Storage: How much to store, pack-it-yourself methods, storage space and rotation, countering vermin.
- Fuel and Home Power: Home heating fuels, fuel storage safety, backup generators.
- Garden, Orchard Trees, and Small Livestock: Gardening basics, non-hybrid seeds, greenhouses; choosing the right livestock.
- Medical Supplies and Training: Building a first aid kit, minor surgery, chronic health issues.
- Communications: Following international news, staying in touch with loved ones.
- Home Security: Your panic room, self-defense training and tools.
- When to Get Outta Dodge: Vehicle selection, kit packing lists, routes and planning.
- Investing and Barter: Tangibles investing, building your barter stockpile. And much more.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
In the vein of Sam Sheridan's The Disaster Diaries, a comprehensive guide to preparing for the apocalypse!
With the recent economic crisis, formerly unimaginable scenarios have become terrifyingly real possibilities- learn how to prepare for the worst
Global financial collapse, a terrorist attack, a natural catastrophe-all it takes is one event to disrupt our way of life. We could find ourselves facing myriad serious problems from massive unemployment to a food shortage to an infrastructure failure that cuts off our power or water supply. If something terrible happens, we won't be able to rely on the government or our communities. We'll have to take care of ourselves.
In How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It, James Rawles, founder of SurvivalBlog.com, clearly explains everything you need to know to protect yourself and your family in the event of a disaster-from radical currency devaluation to a nuclear threat to a hurricane. Rawles shares essential tactics and techniques for surviving completely on your own, including how much food is enough, how to filter rainwater, how to protect your money, which seeds to buy for your garden, why goats are a smart choice for livestock, and how to secure your home. It's the ultimate guide to total preparedness and self-reliance in a time of need.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
"Civilization is still standing now, but that does not mean it always will… We'd better know what to do in the event of a deadly viral pandemic, major asteroid strike, unprecedented hyperinflationary (or deflationary) economic depression, third World War, or any other global disaster, Rawles argues. He spells out all the hazards that we might face in a post-disaster society: looting, armed violence, food shortages, etc. Then he lays out steps we can take now, such as taking survival- training courses, designing shelters, and stocking them with necessary supplies. He even offers a chapter on disaster-proof financial security: savvy investments to make now, earning income in the midst of a major recession, and bartering in the wake of a true disaster."The Futurist
review5 Stars Out Of 5January 16, 2012reviewQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Eye opening. Must read for families aware of the need for preparedness in uncertain days, or those who think they are and may be missing something.