A handy Tagalog phrasebook and guide to the official language of The Philippines, Survival Tagalog contains basic vocabulary necessary for getting around.
This book contains all the necessary words and phrases for speaking Tagalog in any kind of setting. Perfect for students, tourists, or business people learning Tagalog or travelling to the Philippines, it also contains a beginner guide to the Tagalog language, allowing for a deeper understanding of Tagalog than a typical Tagalog phrasebook or Tagalog dictionary. The book is broken into five basic sections: Common Tagalog Expressions and Key Words, Numbers and Counting in Tagalog, Tagalog Travel Vocabulary and Useful Tagalog Expressions, Filipino Geography Guide and Readings Signs in Tagalog, and Additional Tagalog Vocabulary Pronunciation Guides for Key Filipino Names and Signs. All Tagalog words and phrases are written in Tagalog as well phonetically, making pronouncing Tagalog a breeze. For example, the word for good morning
, Magandang umaga
is also written as ma-gan-dang u-ma-ga
. Since written Tagalog is included, in the case of difficulties the book can be shown to the person the user is trying to communicate with.
This phrasebook includes:
- Hundreds of useful Tagalog words and expressions.
- An A-Z index with more than 1,000 additional words and their pronunciation, allowing the book to be used as an English to Tagalog dictionary.
- Romanized forms and phonetic spellings for all words and phrases.
- A concise background and history of the Tagalog People, Tagalog language and The Philippines.
- An introduction to the Tagalog and Filipino Alphabets.
- A pronunciation guide for speaking Tagolog.
- A guide to Tagalog grammar.
Not everyone has time to attend regular Tagalog classes. A busy schedule, however, does not mean you cannot learn Tagalog. With this fun and easy Tagalog phrase book you will soo
Joi Barrios serves as a Lecturer teaching Filipino and Philippine Literature at the University of California, Berkeley while on leave as an Associate Professor from the University of the Philippines Diliman (UPD).
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.