A handy Hindi phrasebook and guide to the Hindi language, Survival Hindi contains basic vocabulary necessary for getting around.
This book contains all the necessary words and phrases for speaking Hindi in any kind of setting. Perfect for students, tourists, or business people learning Hindi or travelling to India, it also contains a beginner guide to the Indian language, allowing for a deeper understanding of Hindi than a typical Hindi phrasebook or Hindi dictionary. The book is broken into eight basic sections, covering everything from common Hindi expressions and key words to ordering in a restaurant. All Hindi words and phrases are written in Romanized form as well phonetically, making pronouncing Hindi a breeze. For example, one of the words for hello
is also written as num-us-kaar
. Authentic Indian script (Devanagari
) is also included so that in the case of difficulties the book can be shown to the person the user is trying to communicate with.
This phrasebook includes:
- Hundreds of useful Hindi words and expressions.
- An A-Z index with more than 1,000 words allowing the book to function as an English to Hindi dictionary.
- Romanized forms, phonetic spellings, and Hindi script (Devanagari) for all words and phrases.
- A concise background and history of the Hindi language.
- An introduction to the Hindi Alphabet.
- A pronunciation guide for Hindi.
- A guide to Hindi grammar.
Not everyone has time to attend regular Hindi classes. A busy schedule, however, does not mean you cannot learn Hindi. With this fun and easy Hindi phrase book you will soon be speaking Hindi without fear or fuss! Titles in this bestselling phrase book series include: Survival Japanese, Survival Arabic, Survival Chinese, Survival Tagalog, Survival Hindi, and Survival Korean