Survey of the New Testament- Everyman's Bible Commentary - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2001
Series: Everyman's Bible Commentary
The New Testament is worthy of a lifetime of study, as it answers the most significant questions people have asked,' says Paul Benware. What is the purpose of life? Is there any real hope? What is God like? Can I be freed from guilt and sin?Jesus Christ is the only answer to those questions. He is the key to God's New Covenant, the central theme of the New Testament.In order to fully appreciate the New Covenant, you must explore the lives and times of Christ and the New Testament writers. Survey of the New Testament organizes this essential information around the anticipation, institution, and fulfillment of the New Covenant. Dr. Benware, along with his book-by-book study of the 27 New Testament books, includes a chronological study of the life of Christ, a look at political forces and ideologies of the first-century Roman world, and a glimpse into the inter-testamental period. To clarify the order and pattern of the New Testament, Dr. Benware links each epistle to its historical base, the book of Acts. Thirty helpful charts have been included as well.
DR. PAUL BENWARE (B.A., Los Angeles Baptist College, Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary, Th.D., Grace Theological Seminary) is currently teaching in the Bible department at Southwestern College in Pheonix, Arizona. A former faculty member of the Los Angeles Baptist College (now the Master¿s College) and Chicago¿s Moody Bible Institute, Dr. Benware has continued to be involved in several local churches, often holding pastoral or staff positions. Dr. Benware is the author of seven books including Understanding End Times Prophecy, The Believer¿s Payday, surveys of both the Old and New Testaments, and a newly published commentary on the Book of Daniel, as well as numerous articles published in journals and magazines. Dr. Benware lives with his wife, Anne, in Litchfield Park, Arizona. They have four children and six grandchildren.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions >> NT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> NT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Biblical Studies >> NT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Reference