A Survey of the New Testament: 4th Edition / New edition - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
This revised edition of Robert H. Gundry's Survey of the New Testament goes beyond providing background information and technical introductory material and leads students to read the New Testament itself. Whenever possible general questions of introduction and background are tied to assigned readings covering the entire New Testament. In addition, comments on these readings help students with interpretation and follow the flow of thought from one passage to another.
- New design with four-color format and more photos and improved maps
- Chapters begin with list, of study goals and end with summary, overview and of people, places, terms to remember, and review questions
- Outlines, section headings, subheadings, and bolded items make it easy to follow structure of discussion
- Phonetic pronunciations for unfamiliar names and terms
- Breakouts with illustrative quotes from ancient, nonbiblical literature
- Discussion questions on the contemporary relevance of the New Testament
- Updated bibliographies
- Conservative evangelical theological perspective also notes other positions and literature
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Robert H. Gundry (PhD, Manchester) is a scholar-in-residence and professor emeritus of New Testament and Greek at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California. Among his books are Mark: A Commentary on His Apology for the Cross; Matthew: A Commentary on His Handbook for a Mixed Church Under Persecution, Soma in Biblical Theology, and Jesus the Word According to John the Sectarian.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
Teresa Kellum5 Stars Out Of 5April 16, 2009Teresa KellumWe are doing a group Bible study so I have not read the whole book yet but it gives lots of information I have always wondered about like why was Joseph's(Jesus's earthly fathers)lineage important. It also has lots of historical information. I would recommend the book for anyone wanting to do an in depth study on the New Testament
Prodigal Daughter Int, Inc.5 Stars Out Of 5August 28, 2007Prodigal Daughter Int, Inc.A Surveyof the New Testament has been a great source for my course study (Religious Studies undergraduate)as well as my personal spiritual nurturing and growth. I especially like the way the author uses the method of continual dialogue in an effort to encourage the reader to read the New Testament systematically and thoroughly. The overall procedure has encouraged me to learn how to discover what the Bible said to its original audience and what God is telling me today. My life [eternity] depends on it!
Alan Cornett5 Stars Out Of 5March 29, 2004Alan CornettGundry's survey of the NT provides a solid overview of both the New Testament and its setting. It is well illustrated and well written. The book is pitched at undergraduate level, and would be quite useful as an undergraduate textbook. You would need to look elsewhere for more advanced study. But it does what it sets out to do well.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions >> NT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> NT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Biblical Studies >> NT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Reference