Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Suffering and the Heart of God answers some of the most difficult questions Christians face, like: “Can Christ really heal the traumatized?” “How can we help those who are suffering when helping takes such a toll on us personally?” “Why can’t people ‘get over’ what’s happened to them?” Langberg presents her experiences as a seasoned trauma counselor within a biblical framework for engaging with trauma – offering a sober - minded gospel hope that can’t be found in other trauma literature. Accessible and engaging, Suffering and the Heart of God is designed as a reference book for anyone – including pastors, clinicians, and laypersons–who want to help those impacted by trauma.
|Title: Suffering and the Heart of God: How Trauma Destroys and Christ Restores|
By: Diane Langberg
Number of Pages: 304
Vendor: New Growth Press
Publication Date: 2015
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Weight: 1 pound 3 ounces
Stock No: WW572023
Suffering and the Heart of God will lead you through the talking, tears, and time needed to guide survivors toward the healing heart of God. It equips you with a hope that is renewed each day, power to help where and how we can, and faith that God will enable us to see him more clearly through those who are hurting. It will prove to be an indispensable resource for anyone who loves, listens to, and seeks to help someone impacted by trauma and abuse.
- Written by a world renowned psychologist with more than forty years of experience in working with trauma cases from combat veterans to abuse and trafficking survivors to torture victims
- Calls and equips the Church to understand trauma and its profound impact on people and their faith
- Combines the knowledge and experience of a seasoned trauma counselor with a thoroughly biblical framework for engaging with trauma
- Accessible and engaging, Suffering is designed as a reference book for anyone–including pastors, clinicians, and laypersons– who wants to help those impacted by trauma
- Offers hope for the victimized in such a way as to enable readers to help where and how they can and to engage with people and situations they might have feared before
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.