- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Events like this beg questions about God. Why would an all-good and all-powerful God create a world full of such evil? In Why Suffering?, world-renowned defender of Christianity Ravi Zacharias and Oxford University philosopher Vince Vitale carefully walk you through a variety of responses that considered cumulatively provide a clear, comprehensive, and convincing case that God is both loving and all-powerful.
Why Suffering? is written with great respect for the complexity of the issue, recognizing that many who read it will be in the trenches of deep suffering themselves.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2014
- Where there is the possibility of love, there has to be the reality of freedom, and therefore the possibility of pain.
- Wishing God had made a different world is to wish yourself out of existence.
- The cross is the key to a compelling and rational explanation for trusting in God in the face of suffering.
- In comparison with other world religions, the Christian response is highly distinctive.
- The reality of evil only makes sense in light of the reality of divine goodness.
- Relational knowledge about God takes the argument beyond reason to the presence of God amidst suffering.
- God's decision to allow temporal suffering is understandable when viewed from an eternal perspective.
- Divine goodness shows how to conquer not in spite of, but even through suffering.
StonePAAge: 45-54Gender: male2 Stars Out Of 5Too PhilosophicalJanuary 10, 2016StonePAAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 2Value: 3Meets Expectations: 1I was expecting so much more with the majority of five-star ratings. The last two chapters were more practical than the others but I don't it's worth buying for just those two chapters. If you are getting ready to debate someone on the reasons for suffering then this is a good resource. If you are hoping for some comfort in your own suffering this book will not provide answers that satisfy you.
ButchFloridaAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Why Suffering: Finding Meaning and Comfort When Life Doesn't Make SenseMarch 30, 2015ButchFloridaAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5"Why Suffering" is the best many books on suffering that I have read. I think "Why Suffering", except for Ravi Zacharias' autobiography, is his best book. Ravi Zacharias and Vince Vitale give multiple answers to "Why Suffering", but I think their thesis and bottom line is that the answer to "Why Suffering" is a person and not a proposition. This is refreshing in a culture where the bottom line answer is often "The Sovereignty of God" which by itself can be cold, cruel and uncaring. "Why Suffering" underscores that faith and reason, head and heart, God's power and love are married, and through the person and work of Jesus Christ give us a meaningful answer to the question of ages. Thank you Ravi and Vince.
MikeRhinebeck, NYAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Reaching the heartMarch 27, 2015MikeRhinebeck, NYAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I would recommend this book to anyone who is struggling with why suffering. They don't provide a final solution, but they provide enough insight to help clarify any of our questions.
Kellie Daspit-austinAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Always exceeds my expectationsMarch 17, 2015Kellie Daspit-austinAge: 35-44Gender: female- amazing author who speaks truth!
Reader5 Stars Out Of 5Great informationJanuary 23, 2015ReaderQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5As always from R Zacharias great answers to really tough questions.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Ethics
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- eBooks >> Theology >> Ethics