How to Study Your Bible for Kids - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2001
Series: Discover 4 Yourself Inductive Bible Studies for Kids
Based on Kay Arthur s bestselling How to Study Your Bible (390,000 copies sold), this easy to use Bible study combines a serious commitment to God s Word with fun illustrations, games, puzzles, and activities that reinforce biblical truth. How to Study Your Bible for Kids introduces the basics of inductive Bible study observation, interpretation, and application to children ages 9 to 12. As they learn about the people in the Bible, the way things were done in biblical times, the amazing miracles performed, and numerous terrific adventures found in the Bible, young people will discover that God s Word speaks to them right where they re at. They ll come away from this study with a deeper understanding of God s love and care for them.
Sparki2003Southern WisconsinAge: 45-54Gender: female3 Stars Out Of 5DisappointedDecember 26, 2014Sparki2003Southern WisconsinAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 4Value: 3Meets Expectations: 1I was disappointed with the content of the book/study.
Although the "adventure theme" is a great idea; the written material is NOT "child-friendly". I am a certified Elementary/Middle school teacher; and the level of reading and involvement for children is much too high for their minds to comprehend.
I would recommend using this material for high school to college students; but not for younger children.
Sorry . . .
EW4 Stars Out Of 5How to Study Your Bible, for Kids seriesNovember 22, 2014EWI like the book, but I wish they would have used a version of the Bible more suitable for kids because I have found the one they use is hard for children to understand. I ordered the books for my Bible School class (age 8-10) and they are having a difficult time with the scripture used for the lessons. I tried using a childrens NIV version, but a lot of the questions do not work with the translation I'm trying to use.
Miki4 Stars Out Of 5Discover 4 yourself, Children's Bible Study Series: How to Study Your Bible, for KidsOctober 23, 2014MikiQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4Very well written. My 10 year old loves it.
MeridethKansasAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Real Bible Study Skills for a Lifetime!April 21, 2013MeridethKansasAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4My 8 year old and I LOVE How To Study Your Bible For Kids! The puzzles and cool activities are so fun and quite challenging.
Challenging might be a key word to describe this book and the process it teaches. I will admit my son would probably not learn as much if I were not sitting with him while he goes through the book, but I enjoy being there with him to give those explanations needed. For example, right off the bat, we learn the Bible does not contradict itself. An 8 year old can easily understand that statement, but I added a real-life situation to help: If some angels walked into our kitchen and I later told Daddy, "I saw an angel with red hair!" but you told Daddy, "Three angels came into our kitchen!" did we contradict each other?
We made just two changes to the process:
1) We use his New International Reader's Version (NIrV) Bible instead of the NASB because he can easily understand everything he reads in it. We often compare verses in several different translations, but he does his main study and marking in his NIrV.
2) We take more than one day to complete each "day" in the book. Maybe we're slower than the average folks, but I don't ever want studying the Bible to become a chore for him, so we take it slow and easy and have a great time. He later teaches Daddy and Grammy what he's learned each day, so I know he's "getting" it.
I also want to say that learning to be an "Inductive Detective" is beneficial for more than just Bible study - the skills he's learning will also pay off big in general reading comprehension, research and other academic skills.
In summary, buy and use this book! Then pass it along to another kid. Then to another & another...
AmyBThorne Bay, AKAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5September 14, 2012AmyBThorne Bay, AKAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Wonderful tool to use to help your children develop Bible study habits that will enable them to have a close relationship with Christ.
Q: Can you print the puzzles from the ebook?
No, the pages of this book are not printable.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Kid's Ministry >> Studies
- Download >> Homeschool >> Bible Curriculum
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Kid's Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Bible Resources & Curriculum
- Homeschool >> Bible Resources & Curriculum >> Bible Curriculum >> Discover for Yourself
- Homeschool >> Bible Resources & Curriculum >> Children's Bible Study
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- eBooks >> Children >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Kid's Ministry
- eBooks >> Homeschool >> Bible Resources & Curriculum