- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
From Bible times to modern times women have struggled with their words: what to say and how to say it. What not to say. When it is best to remain silent. Or what to do when youve said something you wish you could now take back.
Beyond just a "How not to gossip" study, Karen will teach what the Bible says about the many ways we are to use our words and the times when we are to remain silent. Using our speech to interact with friends, co-workers, family and strangers will be covered along with the many places we use our words such as in private, in public, online and in prayer. Even the words we say silently to ourselves. Unsolicited opinion-slinging, speaking the truth in love, not saying words just to people-please and dealing with our verbal anger are sub-topics that will also be addressed.
Each session will feature a different character from the Bible, using them either as an example of someone to emulate or whose verbal actions we should avoid replicating.
- Sparks, Squabbles, Spats, and Such: Our Words Matter
- On Filling Gaps and Zipping Lips: Listen to Others, Talk to God
- Opinion-Slinging and Salty Speech: Assessing Our Digital Tongues
- Gossip, Flattery, and People-Pleasing: How to Speak the Truth in Love
- Pause Before You Pounce: On Cultivating Soft Speech
- As Sweet as Honey: Wonderful Ways to Use Your Words
Designed for use with the Keep It Shut Video Study 9780310819417 (sold separately).
Karen Ehman is a Proverbs 31 Ministries speaker, a New York Times bestselling author, and a writer for First 5, a Bible study app that reaches over 1.2 million people daily. She has written thirteen books including Let. It. Go., Keep It Shut, and Pressing Pause. Her passion is to help women to live their priorities as they reflect the gospel to a watching world. Married to her college sweetheart, Todd, and the mother of three, she enjoys antique hunting, cheering for the Detroit Tigers, and feeding the many people who gather around her kitchen island for a taste of Mama Karen's cooking. Connect with her at www.karenehman.com
V5 Stars Out Of 5I need this for sure!April 13, 2016VQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0If your tongue never messes up, you aren't human. This book is full of wisdom on controlling our tongues. Biblical teaching and sound advice coupled with the author's honest confessions and heartwarming humor. Highly recommend.
Linda KKasota, MNAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Keep It ShutSeptember 24, 2015Linda KKasota, MNAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Excellent book for every Christian to read and apply to daily life! I recommended it my prayer group and everyone there loved it. Now my church is using it for a study session and adding it to our library.
katydid67Wapakoneta,OHAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5excellent study guideJune 22, 2015katydid67Wapakoneta,OHAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5great price , very educational
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry