Add To Cart
- Author's Translation
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- ERV-Easy to Read
- GNT-Good News Translation
- KJVer-King James Easy Reader
- LBLA-Las Americas
- Living Bible
- MEV-Modern English Version
- NAB-New American Bible
- NABRE-New American Bible Revised Edition
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- REB-Revised English Bible
- RVR-Reina Valera
- With Apocrypha
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Note Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The King James Version Easy Read (KJVER) Bible uses the original 1611 King James Version text (based on the Textus Receptus—Received Text). It updates the language for the modern reader making it easier to use and understand. Without changing the Word of God, it helps explain difficult words and replaces clearly archaic or obsolete words. Not one word of doctrine has been changed.
- Articles on the names and attributes of God
- Historical outlines
- An extensive concordance
- Detailed maps
- Earthquake charts
- Flood information
- The Chronology of the Bible (by Dr. Floyd Jones)
- A reflection on Bible and science (by Dr. Henry Morris)
- A guide to the laws of the Bible
- Jewish calendar
- Survey of Daniel's 70 weeks
- Land and people of the Bible
- A timeline of the patriarchs, judges, and kings
- A unique, easy-to-use margin study guide with over 90 topics, allowing you to go from cover to cover, using the pure word of God as your study
- Red Letter for the words of God in both the Old and New Testament
- Archaic or obsolete words replaced with their modern equivalent
- Based on the Textus Receptus (Received Text)
- Difficult terms defined at the end of the verse.
- Pronoun Plurality Indicated
- Names of God listed at the end of each appropriate Old Testament verse
- Original set of maps giving greater geographical insights
- A special Topical Concordance of Biblical Words
- Presentation page
- Ribbon marker
- Silver page edges
- 11-point Bible text size
- 8.00" x 5.75" x 1.75"
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 2110
Vendor: Whitaker House
Publication Date: 2015
Dimensions: 8.00 X 5.75 X 1.75 (inches)
|Text Color: Red Letter|
Text Size: 11 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: Yes
Page Gilding: Silver
KJVer (Easy Reader) Large Print Sword Study Bible, Personal Size, Ultrasoft Dark Purple/Light Purple, Thumb IndexedWhitaker House / 2015 / Imitation Leather$31.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 10 Reviews
$44.99Save 29% ($13.00)
KJVer (Easy Reader) Large Print Sword Study Bible, Personal Size, Genuine Leather BlackWhitaker House / 2015 / Genuine Leather$34.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 10 Reviews
$49.99Save 30% ($15.00)
KJVer (Easy Reader) Large Print Sword Study Bible, Personal Size, Ultrasoft Dark Purple/Light PurpleWhitaker House / 2015 / Imitation Leather$24.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 10 Reviews
$34.99Save 29% ($10.00)
KJVer (Easy Reader) Large Print Sword Study Bible, Personal Size, Ultrasoft Black/Grey, Thumb IndexedWhitaker House / 2015 / Imitation Leather$34.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 10 Reviews
$44.99Save 22% ($10.00)
jetermom5 Stars Out Of 5Best Bible on the MarketJanuary 17, 2017jetermomQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I purchased this Bible for myself after many months of time spent comparing the regular kjv to the interlinear for accuracy. Lo and behold they came out with a Bible that has already done all that work! The underlined words give the true meaning of the original text. For example Holy Ghost ---ghost would be underlined and the word "Spirit" would be given at the end of the verse, which is the actual translation. Note that this does not in any way interfere with the smoothness of the reading and it does not change the accuracy of the beloved kjv-- it only gives the reader the more exact translational meaning of the word. I love how it also changes the thee's and thou's into the our modern way of speaking.
It's nice to know that there is now a modern version of the bible that is very readable without losing the accuracy!! I was so thrilled about this Bible that i purchased one for each of my sons, one for my mother, and one for our pastor who now uses it to preach from! They all LOVE it!!
I cant say enough good things about this Bible! I've purchased many Bibles on my journey looking for readability, understanding, and accuracy. This Bible will be the last one i buy because it has all those qualities within it. I have no need to search further. And the price is extremely affordable. You will not be sorry if you purchase this Bible!
Shiela4 Stars Out Of 5God's word without InterruptionJanuary 6, 2017ShielaQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4I purchased this Bible looking for scripture without commentary. This allows relying on the Spirit for insight. Definitely an awesome purchase...great quality. Let God's word speak. I have noticed for copyrights all names are hyphenated to make a profit but not changing original translation. Ample room for notes on side margins.
Greg5 Stars Out Of 5BibleJanuary 2, 2017GregQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5The PERFECT Bible ~ A Masterpiece!...
Ed5 Stars Out Of 5Nice modernized KJV translation, good materialsOctober 30, 2016EdQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4I really like this bible. The translation is a very well done modernized KJV, and all the changed words are not only listed at the beginning, they are also all underlined which is a great idea.
I have the 2010 edition ("large print personal walnut alligator") not sure how much they have changed in the latest editions. The bible I have is 8.5 x 6.5 x 1.75 and it is bonded leather not imitation leather (even says "bonded leather" on the back and has a nice leather smell and feel to it). It looks like alligator hide (not sure how they accomplished that) and it looks and feels very nice. The font size is 10.
Here are a few complements that I feel are worth mentioning:
* The quality of the materials is very good.
* Good quality bonded leather.
* Sewn binding.
* Good quality white paper. There is some shadowing from the other side but in my opinion its not bad.
* Nice easy to read large font, the edges of the lettering is very crisp.
* The consistency of the print from page to page is very consistent. Some bibles are not consistent, some pages will have darker/bolder print compared to others, but I haven't noticed this at all in this bible.
* Direct quotes from God in the Old Testament are in red.
* There is a list at the beginning that explains every word that has been changed from the KJV.
* The overall look and feel of this bible is excellent. I really like the size, it feels great to hold in your hand. Its very easy to read while holding it with one hand.
I do have a few complaints that I feel are worth mentioning:
* The text in red uses a very bright orange-red color which I find difficult on the eyes. It would be much better it they used a darker red color, more like burgundy than orange-red. In my opinion all black is preferable to this orange-red color.
* If a word is underlined, its supposed to be a visual hint that the word has been changed from the KJV. However, if a word is in red and underlined, its underlined in black not red, so the underlining stands out too much and is distracting.
* The page numbers restart in the New Testament. Not sure why they did this, and I cannot think of any reason why this is a good idea. It basically makes their own margin study references impossible to have a topic go across both the Old and New Testaments. In my opinion having the page numbers restart is a horrible idea.
* The margin study guide is an interesting idea. There are topics on God, God's Plan, and Man, so there are abbreviations G, P and M, along with a number to indicate a particular sub-topic, and then the page number to go next to continue reading about that topic. As mentioned earlier, you cannot go from Old to New Testaments because the page numbers restart in the New Testament. So when you see a page number its never exactly clear if its referring to the Old or New Testament, so you have to assume its referring to the same testament that you are current in. This is very limiting.
* The margin study guide has 2 places, one paragraph each, that explain how to use it. The paragraph at the topic listing between the testaments mentions that there are margin study guides with a solid black line, or a dotted line, or a red line, but never explains what the differences are. I'm still not sure what the differences are.
* In the New Testament, quotes from God are outlined in red. This is an interesting idea, but I think it would look better if the words were red. In my opinion, little red boxes around some phrases looks very odd, specially when there are places where there are a few phrases from God separated by other words, so every few words has a red box around them (for example Acts 7:49-50 has a red box within a red box because the paragraph contains "says the Lord:" which God didn't actually say).
* Its called a study bible but there isn't very much extra content. It does have a large concordance and some content at the back for study and reference but it does not have commentary on every page like most traditional "study" bibles. If you're expecting commentary on every page then look for something else, this has none.
Overall the benefits of this translation and the quality outweigh the complains and I would recommend this bible to anyone looking for a modernized KJV with good quality materials and doesn't need/want study commentary.
Sam53Prairieville, LAAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5A superior Bible!August 3, 2016Sam53Prairieville, LAAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5This is my second purchase of this Bible because I love reading this Bible. I love the fact that it is written in large print. The original wording is the same except the words "Thee, Thou, Thy" has been translated in pronouns to be read with understanding without changing the scripture only making it easier to read. There are so many other articles of interest. I plan to purchase another Bible for a friend. I purchased a genuine leather this time because it was on sale. My last purchase was soft leather.