Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Studies in World History 3 Pack, 7th-8th Grade, 2 Volumes
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Guided by the truth revealed in God's world, Stobaugh's Studies in World History course rejects common post-modern approaches to the past and instead takes a firmly Christian stance to history, truth, and knowledge.
A chronological junior high history course (one year curriculum), Volume 3 covers "The Modern Age to Present" Chapters focus on modernism, progressivism, World Wars, the Russian Revolution, the Scopes Trial, the Cold War, changes in the modern family, the culture wars, terrorism, and more, while examining history, geography, religion, economics, and government systems across the world and through time.
The 34 chapters each have five lessons, one for each day of the school-week. Taking approximately 20-30 minutes each day, lessons include a short reading followed by discussion questions. Some questions are open-ended, while others are comprehension questions derived from the text. Black and white photographs of archival documents or artifacts are included throughout.
Chapters open with a "First Thoughts" section that provides background information and an introduction to the historical period, as well as chapter learning objectives. A sidebox lists important concepts, terms, and theories to be learned; these same words are bolded in the lesson text.
NKJV Scripture used. Jr. High / Grade 9. 34 chapters.
The teacher's guide includes:
- A suggested daily schedule for both semesters that is broken down into daily assignments for each week
- Daily worksheets that exactly reproduce the discussion questions in the textbook, but with additional room to write answers. Days, chapter numbers, and lesson numbers are marked at the top of each worksheet.
- Two weekly exams for each chapter; one test features fill-in-the-blank questions, while the other features a short answer essay question.
- Answer key with textbook discussion answers arranged by chapter and lesson; test answers follow.
This set includes:
- Student Text, 389 pages with glossary, softcover. Non-consumable text.
- Teacher's Guide, 322 pages, softcover.
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2016
History of the World in Christian Perspective, Fifth EditionA Beka Book / 2015 / Trade Paperback$30.05
Classical Acts and Facts History Cards: Ancient WorldClassical Conversations / 2014 / Other$22.99
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.